Business Voice engages businesses from across Brevard County and the Central FloridaRegion to provide a cohesive voice in political advocacy at the state, regional and local levels. Business Voice is operated on a non-partisan basis to promote pro-business candidates and a pro-business legislative agenda.
Business Voice Members recognize divisive partisan politics can distract voters, candidates and elected officials. With a high number open seats at the State and local level, the 2018 elections will have a lasting impact on our region. Business Voice is going to engage politically to
- Communicate to voters and candidates the issues concerning area job-creators
- Actively support pro-business candidates in key races
- Support or oppose legislation, policies and ballot measures that will have significant impact on the business environment
There is a need for common sense leadership and pragmatic approach to policy. Business Voice is non-partisan and
- Will support pro-business candidates who recognize the impact of their elected office extends beyond their district, to the larger region
- Will support elected officials who are able to effectively govern to ensure the local and state government help, and not hinder, our regional economy
Business Voice members are committed to the health and growth of our regional economy and ensuring the Space Coast remains a great place to live work and do business. They believe
- Maintaining sustainable and reliable infrastructure is critical to regional prosperity
- Tax policies must be competitive and sustainable for the health of our state and region
- We must reduce burdensome regulations that throttle the local economic engine
- Regulators should use science-based standards and find long-term solutions to protect Florida’s natural and economic resources
- Smart growth and development should look at the regions long-term needs and requires pro-business solutions for water, energy, agriculture and infrastructure policy
- Providing businesses with the well-trained talent pool they need begins with supporting local schools, and providing quality education at both k-12 level and in higher education
WHO WE ARE
“Business Voice represents a diverse group of business leaders who have come together in order to amplify the issues they feel are critical to our region’s economic health,” ~ Chairman, Larry McIntyre.
Since its formation in 2008, Business Voice has been an advocate in the Melbourne area for the advancement of effective, collaborative leaders and ensuring the passage of key policies that support local business. Building on their past success, in 2015 members voted to expand Business Voice to make an impact in the broader Space Coast region. With expanded membership and a refined campaign plan, Business Voice has positioned itself as a resource voters across the Space Coast can trust for insightful political information, endorsements and commentary.
Business Voice currently has over forty local businesses invested and is led by Larry McIntyre , retired from Clear Channel Outdoor, Dawn Mays of Sheldon Cove as Chair-Elect, Neal Johnson of US Bank as Secretary, and Wayne Cooper of Whitaker Cooper as Treasurer.
Experienced political operative Kathryn Rudloff serves as Executive Director of Business Voice. Rudloff has a Masters Degree in Political Management and has worked campaigns at the national, state and local level, including serving as Campaign Manager and District Director for Congressman Bill Posey and running a local issue campaign for the business community in Winter Park, FL.
ENGAGED POLITICAL ADVOCACY
“This is a chance for businesses across the region to collaborate and increase their influence in the political process,” ~ Executive Director Kathryn Rudloff
Business Voice will help investors with engaged political advocacy.
- Build relationships with candidates and elected officials
- Engage in campaign activities to support endorsed candidates
- Communicate directly with voters the positions the business community
Business Voice hopes to grow into a county-wide resource focused on ensuring we have the best qualified and prepared pro-business candidates nominated and elected to public office in the state of Florida.